[Debian-eeepc-devel] saving battery with USB autosuspend and the camera

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:32:30 UTC 2010

Hi,

under laptop-mode-tools there is a USB autosuspend module. powertop tells me
to use usb autosuspend too. But I have read on the net, that it is not
necessary and the usb autosuspend is automatic now. is it right ?

For example I would like to save battery with the card reader. So I would
like that it is disable most of the time, but when I enter a card, I would
like that it works without start a script. is it possible with usb
autosuspend ?

For the camera : I can enable/disable it through the module eeepc_laptop.
When I use luvcview I see a led which is enabled. When I don't use it, no
led. Does it mean that the camera is totally disabled ?

Thx a lot
Giggz