[Debian-eeepc-devel] Question on ACPI event or other method for "battery low" event triggering suspend

Shawn Lamson shawn.lamson at att.net
Fri Jan 8 22:44:32 UTC 2010

Hello list

I would like to know if there is a utility/function that can be configured to
put the eeepc into suspend (to ram in my case) status based on a "low battery
status".

On my particular 901 the directory:
/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/PNP0C0A:00/power_supply/BAT0
has several ascii files, notably charge_now which contains a numeric value which
is 0 < charge_now < charge_full and the value of charge_now decreases as the
battery is discharged... this value is also available as POWER_SUPPLY_CHARGE_NOW=
in the uevent file in that same directory.

I have eeepc-acpi-scripts installed as well as laptop-mode-tools.  I had hoped
laptop-mode-tools would provide this, but I believe it is based on acpi events
and I don't think any acpi battery events of the nature of battery discharge or
low batter status are issued on the eeepc.

If anyone has anything on this, even a script they're using, I'd appreciate the
help.

Thanks,

Shawn

--