[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wireless abrubtly stopped working on 1000

Robert J. Macomber debian at rojoma.com
Mon Jan 11 20:39:56 UTC 2010

This morning the wireless on my Eee abruptly stopped being able to
connect to my access point.  It can still see the local set of access
points, but when I try to connect with it, the connection fails and
kern.log receives a periodic "RTMPCancelTimer failed, Timer hasn't
been initialize!" message.

This literally happened "abruptly"; it had connected perfectly fine as
usual, but in the middle of an apt-get download it disconnected and
hasn't been able to reconnect since.  I've tried down- and upgrading
the kernel (its default version is the standard Debian 2.6.30-2) based
on half-hopes from googling for the error message, and also tried the
firmware-ralink package from Sid, but nothing changes.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause this, or ideas about ways
to investigate further?
--
Robert Macomber