[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wireless abrubtly stopped working on 1000

Robert J. Macomber debian at rojoma.com
Tue Jan 12 14:48:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:14:28AM +0100, Christoph Dibak wrote:

> I had such trouble yesterday.  I got alway a "Unknown Error 132" when i
> tried to "ifconfig wlan0 up" on my 1005 HA.  The point was, that I've
> accidental pressed the function key for enabling/disabling wireless
> (Fn + F2).
> Sometimes it's that easy ;)

Sometimes it's not, though.  The wireless is enabled, the wlan0
interface is up, and "iwlist scan" reports back correctly.  It just
doesn't want to actually make the association with the access point.
Just to see if it'd change anything, I toggled the wireless off and
then back on just now, but no change.

--
Robert Macomber