[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wireless abrubtly stopped working on 1000

Robert J. Macomber rm at rojoma.com
Tue Jan 12 23:49:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 06:10:43PM -0500, Shawn Lamson wrote:
> Hello - before you open up the unit I would suggest checking if this is your
> same issue:
> http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/b1a1c38b18fa7f33
> and ...
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/376577
>
> i'm sorry i can't offer any more advice than that, i do have occasional wifi
> problems (establishing new connections) but i believe they are wpa_supplicant
> related, and never any sudden d/c issues.

I've seen them both, but neither seemed to lead very far in terms of
matching my symptoms.  The thing is, I can't be positive it's not
related to any software updates, because I only use the system once or
twice a week.  If the last time I had it on a strange update came in
on one of them, I mightn't have known until a full week later.

Next I'm going to try the new live demo image to see how that goes.
--
Robert Macomber