[Debian-eeepc-devel] problem with synaptics driver in sid/unstable

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Jan 15 01:12:43 UTC 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:07:51 -0500
Shawn Lamson <shawn.lamson at att.net> wrote:
> Hi Ben - to be honest I am not sure what the expected functionality was. There
> was a bug filed against xserver-xorg-input-synaptics because it no longer
> provided the .fdi file for HAL, it now provides the .rules file for udev
> (in /lib/udev/rules.d ) with some non-eeepc specific "hacks" demonstrated.

Cite that bug#?  Still open?

> Where does xserver-xorg-video-intel figure in, is it a meta-package? or was
> this a typo?

Sorry, I did mean xserver-xorg-video-synaptics.

> Also - what should the request/bug be for - providing the sample
> file we worked up here to enable at least basic functioinality by default on
> any "synaptics" driven mouse/touchpad?

Well, if you file a new bug, state your problem, and state what you did
to resolve it, or if this is a solution to an existing bug, just add
the info to that bug.  We're not asking that they use our workaround,
but knowing what works for us may help them to deliver a proper
solution.

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org