[Debian-eeepc-devel] Squeeze, eeepc 901: WPA2 won't connect after upgrading to the latest 2.6.32 kernel

Vic Lee llyzs at 163.com
Thu Jan 28 06:03:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been using Squeeze with 2.6.30 kernel for some months and network
manager never has problem with my company WPA.

Today I upgrade the whole squeeze system and there's a new kernel
2.6.32. After booting from the new kernel I am no longer able to connect
to my company WPA network. However I can see the network list in network
manager, and I can even press FN+F2 to disable/enable the network
interface with the new kernel. After I disable/enable the wireless
interface, network manager will be able to connect for about one minute,
then drops again and fail to reconnect. I believe this an a very old bug
that I had been struggling almost one year ago but somehow it appears
again in the latest kernel.

Booting from 2.6.30 still works fine as it used to be, just no FN+F2
key.

Sorry if this is already a known bug, but right now I have to stay away
from 2.6.32 because I need to use my wifi.

Vic