[Debian-eeepc-devel] 1201N and lenny

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:10:43 UTC 2010

Alan Jenkins a écrit :
>> - why does the brightness not change when I plug/unplug the AC adapter ?
>> Is there an option to change in /etc/default/ ?
>
> The debian-eeepc scripts are intended to only handle eee-specific stuff.

ok.
I notice that laptop-mode-tools has a module to control eee engine too.
I hope that it will not interact.

> Tools like acpi-scripts and laptop-mode-tools were originally created
> before Linux gained a generic interface for backlight drivers.  You
> could add it to the acpi scripts, but it couldn't be merged without at
> least adding the usual hack to check whether a desktop power
> management daemon is running first.
>
> HAL supports both the original panoply of /proc backlight interfaces
> and the newer generic interface.  I believe both the GNOME and KDE
> "power management"  applets have an option to do this, probably
> enabled by default.

I don't use GNOME or KDE, but e17. And I don't see anything about the
brightness of the LCD.

> Although I do have to wonder why anyone wants to do this :-P.
> Personally I really like being able to have the brightness set
> appropriately for the ambient light, and automatic brightness changes
> just get in the way.  After all, if you want to save battery, you want
> to find the lowest comfortable level, and that's often much lower than
> the initial value.

Thx for your answer. And I will take a look into the bios! THat's a
great idea!
Bye bye
Guillaume