[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc 1008ha

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 31 12:41:13 UTC 2010

Hello,

Thanks to everyone that helped me with my booting troubles I decided to
install debian again, run fsck on the partition and the errors were
fixed. I can worry about windows later on.

Anyway, I have a question regarding battery life. How much can I expect
from my eeepc 1008ha under debian? Mainly just typing from under a console, no
gui running and every now and then the use of a gui and wifi.

Finally, as I'm blind, is it possible to totally turn off the screen, or
just dim it as much as possible? Do the standard hotkeys work in the
console?

Thanks,
Dan