[Debian-eeepc-devel] Making lenny -> squeeze upgrades as smooth as possible

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Jun 11 12:56:38 UTC 2010

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Upgrade needs work.

First of all, I don't think it's worth mentioning any kernel not in
lenny, squeeze, sid or experimental.  The extra sections can be removed
and any relevant points from them preserved in sections describing later
kernels that we keep.

Second, anything that we can automate, we should automate.  Should
eeepc-acpi-scripts attempt to make kernel-version-specific fixes
automatically?  semi-automatically? (i.e. issue a message in NEWS
describing the problem and what to do to resolve?)