[Debian-eeepc-devel] 9156resolution stopped working after lenny->squeeze upgrade

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Thu Mar 18 09:10:17 UTC 2010

Le Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:03:12 +0200,
jh at tutpro.com (Juha Heinanen) a écrit :

> Fr d ric Boiteux writes:
>
>  >   I'm curious, I didn't know about 915resolution and grub[2] : how
>  > did you find to use it ? is it compatible with Kernel modesetting
>  > (KMS) ? The grub2 setup let you define 'GRUB_GFXMODE' and
>  > 'GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX', is different from your solution ?
>
> i set GRUB_GFXMODE and GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX to 1366x768 and during
> boot and after it, console is in 1366x768 mode, but when i start X
> using vesa driver, X is using lower resolution, not 1366x768.  how to
> tell also X to use 1366x768 mode?

  Thanks for the URLs ! About your problem, you probably now have a
2.6.32 kernel, with KMS enabled (it's now the default for Intel
graphics) ; Why do you want to use vesa driver for X ? Better use
'intel', it works well ! You'll have your native screen resolution in
your X session. I think you should use a program like 915resolution to
get native resolution with VESA, in X like in console or at boot with
grub, but I guess  it's now deprecated in favor to KMS…

	Fred.