[Debian-eeepc-devel] 1201N : update bios 0318 -> 0325 = backlight control problem

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Sun May 16 17:19:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

1201n with debian stable and eeepc-script of unstable.
with the bios 0318 I had the control on the backlight through
acpi_backlight (/proc/acpi/video/IGPU/LCDD/brightness or /sys/...) and
with the fn+keys too.

Now with the bios 0325 I always have the control through the fn+keys but
the /proc/acpi/video/IGPU/LCDD/brightness or his /sys equivalent doesn't
change the brightness.

That's quite annoying. For example I can't configure laptop-mode-tools
anymore in order that it changes automaticly the brightness on
battery/on AC.

If anyone has an idea to modify the brightness with a command
line...please share it.

Thx a lot!
Guillaume