[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Nov 7 14:35:16 UTC 2010

On 19/10/10 08:21 AM, Luca Niccoli wrote:
> I pushed a branch to the main repository, it's called acpi-support-integration.
> I think it could be ready to be released.

Testing it today I found a bashism:

LINUX_FULL_VER=`uname -r`
LINUX_MINOR_REV=${LINUX_FULL_VER:4:5}

This causes a "bad substitution" error when /bin/sh points at /bin/dash.
Handling of all hotkeys fails.  Changing #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash works
around the issue.  Can you please fix this?  Either the bashism must be
eliminated or else the script must use /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh.

Furthermore, when using LXDE, there are some keys I would expect would
be handled by eeepc-acpi-scripts, as LXDE itself doesn't handle them.
Are these handled by GNOME & KDE?  For example, hotkey 00000037
(touchpad) is ignored.

Thanks,