[Debian-eeepc-devel] Memtest

Glyn Webster glynwebster at orcon.net.nz
Mon Nov 8 00:31:39 UTC 2010

I have a 2GB RAM chip in my Asus 701 4G, and I am getting an error very
like this one when I use Memtest-86:

The RAM chip is the cheapest I could find though, not an ECC one. The
same thing happens on a friend's 701 4G.

Memtest86+ 4.10 (from the 'memtest+' package) reports no errors at all,
and my laptop is working fine, so I assume there's some sort of bug in
Memtest-86 when used on a 701 4G.

Should I report this as a bug in Memtest-86? Or does it belong here?

(I just about threw my netbook out because of this, I'm so glad I
decided to double-check at the last moment! %-| )

--Glyn