[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 10:36:34 UTC 2010

On 7 November 2010 17:25, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn
<cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:

> Are _you_ that sure?  Progress is surprisingly fast, sometimes ;)
> Why not doing it right once (if you can) and then forget about it?

Because we have no guarantee at all about what the separator after the
minor version will be; the kernel build system (and make-kpkg for that
matter) leave it up to the user.
There could be kernels named 2.6.32aaa or even 2.6.321, where aaa and
1 are local revisions.
So using your approach is bound to cause trouble for someone, just to
solve a problem that doesn't exist at the moment and will probably
never exist for this particular script.
Cheers,

Luca