[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Sun Nov 14 00:38:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 08/11/10 05:35 PM, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> > I didn't ever thought I would need to put up such fight to get the message
> > through.  But that's sadly it.  When talking to the walls, you only hear
> > your own echo.
>
> I hope you realize now you did not go entirely unheard. See my previous
> post regarding doing away with checking kernel version entirely, as it
> seems to be a bad idea.

Seen that post.

> FWIW, I did not read your objections based on performance concerns at
> the time that I called for a close to discussion, and maybe that was
> premature,

Right.

> but I felt we were spending too much time quibbling over issues that did
> not directly relate to making eeepc-acpi-scripts release ready.

Of course, making things work is utterly important.  Still...

> I agree that making our code as efficient as possible should be a
> subgoal,

Priorities?  Subgoal, goal, not a goal, ignorance?

> but we first need to make sure that we actually release the code.

Sure.  But putting away performance aspects with excuses like this:

On Mon, 8 Nov 2010, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> I agree the alternative above is atrocious

won't take you very far.  It's ignorant, the way I see it :(

> Since every change we make now is in the middle of the freeze, we're
> operating on borrowed time.

Are we?  I did point out inefficiencies with the shell script code in more
than one post, didn't I?  You chose to ignore that :(  And now it's too
late?  Well, allow me to express my disappointment.

Cheers,

--
Cristian