[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Nov 16 21:30:11 UTC 2010

On 16/11/10 09:16 AM, Luca Niccoli wrote:
> How about: we add a new rule file that calls a very basic wrapper
> script, that calls hotkey.sh with the appropriate codes in case
> eeepc_wmi is loaded?

Ah, hm. On second thought ...

In 2.6.36 we ought to see what is happening with eeepc_laptop.  If it
only sends buttons and not hotkeys, tying this to eeepc_wmi is not a
good idea.  There remain a number of older models that are only
supported by eeepc_laptop and not eeepc_wmi.  I suspect the newer
eeepc_laptop has changes mirroring eeepc_wmi.