[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

gajm lacunoso at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:35:58 UTC 2010

Il giorno mer, 17/11/2010 alle 11.50 +0100, Luca Niccoli ha scritto:
> But I just realized that the new notifications don't work anymore, and
> shouldn't have in the first place.
> I'm sure they did when I implemented it, I really don't know why (I
> suspect it's related to #591813)
> Anyway, as it is the script just runs notify-send, while we should su
> to the X user.
> The problem is, I'm being bit by #598097.
> I'm trying to understand what needs to be done to talk to X with gdm3,
> but it's really a design hell.
> Cheers,
>
> Luca

Hi Luca,
it's not a solution, but restarting the acpid daemon from within the
current session "sudo /etc/init.d/acpid restart" should make the
notifications work again.

Actually, I'm not using eeepc-acpi-scripts right now, but I tested it
with the last git version and it's working here. The only dirty work
around I've found is to configure sudo, allowing the user to restart the
daemon entering the session.

Cheers,
gajm