[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 10:02:10 UTC 2010

On 19 November 2010 02:43, Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> I've committed a couple of fixes, but when it comes to the following set

Thanks, I didn't know that eeepc-wmi used different sysfs paths.

> -x output from button.sh, I'm not sure which of these arguments should
> be dropped:
>
> + [ -d /sys/devices/platform/eeepc-wmi ]
> + hotkey=00000013
> + /usr/share/acpi-support/eeepc-acpi-scripts/hotkey.sh - hotkey
> ASUS010:00 00000013 00000080 00000000
>
> This is making $3 in hotkey.sh be ASUS010:00 instead of 00000013 so the
> code isn't set and therefore nothing is acted on.  Does the '-' need to
> go away, or do we need to drop 'hotkey'? I'm not sure I understand what
> either is for, since we don't give them meaningful names.

The - had to go, fix committed.
I got confused by a hack we used to shift button names to $3 before.
As for the other parameters, I'm simulating the command line acpid is
passing to hotkey.sh, just in case.

> Also, I have the slight problem now that a few keys don't generate
> button events *or* hotkey events now (but I'll have to take that up with
> upstream).

I wonder if there are appropriate button events for all the keys, and
if that's the reason eeepc_laptop is sticking to hotkeys.
Cheers,

Luca