[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-wmi needs you !

Corentin Chary corentin.chary at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:08:27 UTC 2010

Hi,
I'm the ACPI4Asus maintainer, and I need your help to finish the
eeepc-wmi driver implementation.
eeepc-wmi is the new driver for all WMI capable Eeepc's (all models
that need acpi_osi=Linux to use eeepc-laptop).

Currently eeepc-wmi lacks:
- Some hotkeys
- rfkill support for wifi, bluetooth, 3g, wimax
- touchpad led control
- camera control

The main issue is that I don't have a WMI capable Eeepc .... (I have a
701 and a 901).

So, if you want to help, here is what you can do:
- send me the output of acpidump | gz > acpi.gz and your model's name
- give me a root ssh access to your eeepc, and hope I don't
destroy/steal all your data
- make a donation to the ACPI4Asus (http://acpi4asus.sf.net) project
(money, hardware), an eeepc 1005PE is only ~150 euros on ebay
- make patchs

I'm iksaif on #debian-eeepc, feel free to contact me here.

Thanks,

--
Corentin Chary
http://xf.iksaif.net