[Debian-eeepc-devel] squeeze replacement for uswsusp and libsplashy1?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Nov 29 11:32:32 UTC 2010

Dick Middleton writes:

> > now i noticed that neither is anymore included in squeeze.  what
> > packages should i use in squeeze instead of the two missing ones in
> > order to be able to suspend/hibernate/resume my eeepc?
>
> It uses kernel suspend/hibernate now.  Seems to be more reliable than uswsusp
> but you don't get encryption.

i removed libsplashy1 which caused also uswsusp to be removed.  then i
run

sudo pm-hibernate

it went fine and didn't report any problems.  however, resume does
not work.  dmesg just has a single line

[    1.334448] PM: Resume from disk failed.

which does not tell much.  suspend/resume works ok, but hibernate/resume
is more important to me.

do i have any other choice than to reinstall libsplashy1 and uswsusp?

-- juha