[Debian-eeepc-devel] How to deal with the freeze?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Oct 3 13:46:32 UTC 2010

On 04/09/10 05:49 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 04/09/10 02:03 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:
>> I would prefer a freeze exception. I do not know what the policy is
>> about this change, but if you could upload the updated package somewhere
>> to make it easy to test and document what things should be tested, we
>> could start right away and make sure nothing breaks. Maybe this will
>> make it easier to get it into Squeeze.
>
> I would second that.  Nothing else depends on eeepc-acpi-scripts so I
> think it's fairly straightforward to justify this as being in
> everyone's best interest.  Currently we have eeepc-acpi-scripts
> responsible for too many things, leading to conflicts.  Having it do
> less is arguably more robust for the next stable release.

Again we have lost impetus on this project.

I have made a recent couple of commits to the main branch to solve
freezes when booting on battery on 1001PX (maybe other models too) when
S.H.E. mode is set.  Please test.

Also, Luca's changes must be merged soon or we won't have time to make
the freeze exception for it!  Someone want to run with this?