[Debian-eeepc-devel] Anyone already has his hands on an EeePC 900 AX?

Axel Beckert abe at debian.org
Sun Oct 10 10:32:20 UTC 2010

Hi,

at one of favourite dealers I recently discovered an EeePC 900 AX[1].

  [1] http://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2.aspx?Reiter=Details&Artikel=193003

It seems to be a model with the original 701/900 case (which I prefer
over all the newer ones because of size, robustness and less glossy
and shiny stuff ;-).

So I'm wondering if anyone has already some experience with that
model, because it neither appears on our compatibility list[2] nor on
wikipedia's model list[3].

  [2] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/Models
  [3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EeePC#Specifications (seems to be
      wrong in at least one case: 701 4G and 701 2G had different
      batteries IIRC)

Seems to be a combination of features of the 900HD (160 GB Disk),
900A (Atom N270 CPU), plus a 1.3 MP camera as with newer EeePCs.