[Debian-eeepc-devel] question about 1005ha

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Sun Sep 12 22:30:12 UTC 2010

On 12/09/10 07:13 PM, Daniel Harris wrote:
> The above commands work with the correct output as indicated above but
> unless I am doing something stupid nothing changes.  The desktop aplet
> remains at 800MHz and cat
> /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq = 800000.  Again
> if I change it with the applet I can get the cpu to change to 1600000.

The applet can only report what SpeedStep setting the CPU reports.  That
doesn't accurately reflect the effective speed of the CPU which is a
multiple of bus speed.  But we can determine that there was a change by
indirect means (aside from directly reading cpufv):

Run three trials at each of the settings of this crude benchmark:

time sh -c "echo '2^2^20' | bc > /dev/null"

Or else use find & use some bona fide CPU benchmark.