[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc 901, S.H.E. turns down my box when switched to low speed mode

Artur R. Czechowski arturcz at hell.pl
Tue Sep 14 11:56:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

Short story:
after
root at jalapeno:~# echo 2 > /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cpufv
it waits sth about one second then turns off the machine immediately.

Freshly installed Debian Sid, without external repositories.
Kernel: 2.6.32-5-686 from Debian Package.
Machine: eeepc 901
BIOS: 1101, 07/11/2008.

Other values work OK:

root at jalapeno:~# cat /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cpufv
0x300
root at jalapeno:~# cat /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cpufv
0x300
root at jalapeno:~# echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cpufv
root at jalapeno:~# cat /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cpufv
0x301
root at jalapeno:~# echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cpufv
root at jalapeno:~# cat /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/cpufv
0x300

Only 2 makes trouble. Does it mean I have any hardware failure? Did anyone spot similar problem?

Regards
	Artur