[Debian-eeepc-devel] Is there a right way to do fan control on the Asus 701 4G?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Wed Sep 29 09:48:07 UTC 2010

On 29/09/10 06:05 AM, Glyn Webster wrote:
> eee-control had "super","high" "normal" and "powersave" modes. I don't
> know what they actually did though. If I've got that power save mode
> by default though, I'm happy.

I think eee-control also does some messing with voltage control as well
as bus speed.  No idea what that does to stability ...

> I'm really delighted by Debian on my EEE PC by the way. This fan
> control thing is the last thing I feel the need to play with, and it
> may not be that necessary. Everything went very smoothly once I had
> Squeeze in place.

Glad to hear it!

Ben
p.s. Forgot to CC the list? I've CC'd my reply so the rest of the team
doesn't miss out on the nice compliment (not to mention our discussion
about eee-control differences) ... hope that was OK. :)