[Debian-eeepc-devel] Patch to eeepc-acpi-scripts package.

Anton Kropachev tcppmm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:49:03 UTC 2010

I using Debian Lenny 5.
In my system don't work automatic lowering of the brightness, when the netbook
switches to battery. I wrote event and script for acpi.
Here they are:

$ cat /etc/acpi/events/auto_brightness
# /etc/acpi/events/auto_brightness
# Called when ac off and we need to switch brightness down or up when ac on.
#

event=ac_adapter.*
action=/etc/acpi/auto_brightness.sh

$ cat /etc/acpi/auto_brightness.sh
#!/bin/bash
# /etc/acpi/auto_brightness.sh
#

. /usr/share/acpi-support/power-funcs

getState

if [ "$STATE" = "AC" ]
then
        echo 15 > /sys/class/backlight/eeepc/brightness
else
        echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/eeepc/brightness
fi

Best regards, Anton Kropachev
mailto: tcppmm at gmail.com

Just for fun (c) Linus Torwalds