[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts update & breakage

Andre Majorel aym-naibed at teaser.fr
Thu Apr 21 07:08:19 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-20 12:27 -0400, David L. Johnson wrote:
> On 04/20/11 11:41, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> >On 04/20/2011 04:22 AM, Andre Majorel wrote:
> >>I made the mistake of upgrading eeepc-acpi-scripts (to 1.1.11)
> >>and some things have stopped working. Notably
> >>- Fn-F1 used to suspend to RAM, it's now a no-op,
> >
> >That sounds suspiciously like you changed something else, too.
>
> But, anyway, when I upgraded my debian last week, it came with
> a new kernel, 2.6.38-2.  Suspend to RAM stopped working.  I
> think this is the problem here, too.  Hopefully you still have
> an earlier kernel available.  Certainly for me it could not be
> the eepc-acpi scripts, since they are not used.

Tried keeping eeepc-acpi-scripts at 1.1.11 and rebooting on
kernel 2.6.32.

Fn-F7 (backlight toggle) works again.

guessnet works again (i.e. reconfigures eth0 on wake-up).

Wheel on side of pad works again.

Fn-F1 (sleep) is still broken.

Closing the lid turns the backlight off but doesn't suspend like
it used to.

# lsmod | grep -c eeepc
0

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
lists.debian.org, an essential online resource for spammers.