[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts update & breakage

Andre Majorel aym-naibed at teaser.fr
Thu Apr 21 16:34:14 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-21 09:42 -0300, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 04/21/2011 09:34 AM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> > Please revert eeepc-acpi-scripts to 1.1.10 and remove the acpi_osi hack
> > and retest with 2.6.32, reporting your results.
>
> Oh, forgot to mention that to do this successfully you will need to not
> just merely remove acpi-support, but purge it, otherwise any leftover
> acpi-support material left in /etc may be triggered when we don't want
> it to be.

eeepc-acpi-tools 1.1.10, kernel 2.6.32, acpi_osi unset :
  eeepc_laptop  not loaded
  eeepc_wmi     not loaded
  Fn-F7         toggles backlight OK
  Fn-F1         suspends OK
  lid down      suspends OK
  guessnet      reconfigure eth0 on wake-up

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Another day, another load of spam delivered to an address harvested