[Debian-eeepc-devel] Just a feedback

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Sun Aug 7 07:08:25 UTC 2011

Hello dear developers,

now that a long time has gone and several new kerne-versions are released
since 2.6.32, I tried a little bit with my EEEPC 1005HGO.

Two things, I want to let you know. First, it is still necessary, to add the
"acpi_osi="Linux" in the grub line. If you don't, fancontrol will not start
(pwmconfig will not work, too), and kernel module "eeepc-mwi" is installed.
This module is still not working correctly on my system.

I also found no way, to get fancontrol and pwmconfig activated in this case.

In my tests I found out, that the workaround "acpi_osi="Linux"" is strongly
recommended! If you add this to the grub line, everything is working
correctly.

I suggest, you should add this information in your wiki, and change the status
from "workaround" to "must".

FYI: I am running wheezy with kernel 2.6.39-2-686-pae, and eeepc-acpi-scripts
1.1.11, in case this matters.

Sorry for disturbing you, but I thought, this information might be important
for you.

Best regards

Hans-J. Ullrich