[Debian-eeepc-devel] ASUS Eeepc 1018P

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Aug 30 23:30:33 UTC 2011

On 30/08/11 07:08 PM, Kent Frazier wrote:
> I have a ASUS Eeepc 1018P that I would like to install Debian on. I've
> noticed it is not listed in the models on the wiki.  I'm not a
> "developer" but would like to contribute any way I can.

There's no reason I know of it shouldn't work.

> How would be the best way for me to contribute?

The wiki is open to anyone to edit. You can start by creating a fresh
page for your model using the template we've created for model pages.

> Is there a way to search the archives so I don't ask a question that has
> already been asked and answered?

I don't know if a search index is kept anywhere. Google might help,
using the keyword:

site:lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/

> Is there a better place to ask questions other than this list?

Asking here is fine.

> I had Arch installed on my old 1018P last year, but that died and was
> replaced under warranty and I've always wanted to try Debian.

If Arch was OK, chances are you should have no issues with Debian.

So far as I know, the 1018P is quite similar to the 1015P, and that is
known to work.