[Debian-eeepc-devel] I can no longer hibernate my eee 1005 PE

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Thu Feb 17 17:41:54 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2011 schrieb Emmanuel Charpentier:
> Dear Hans, dear list,
>
> I have the same problem you reported in
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/2011-February/0
> 04032.html : my eee seems to hibernate correcly, starts a resume but
> reboots before restoring the surrent (gnome) session. Suspending (to RAM)
> works perfectly.
>
> I saw that upgrading to wheezy seemed to fix the problem. I followed
> (and still follows) testing (now wheezy), and I still have the problem.
> I also reinstalled pm-utils, and eeepc-acpi-scripts, with no success. Do
> you have any further hint on how to fix ? Also : did you submit a bug
> report on pm-utils ?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> 					Emmanuel Charpentier

Yes, upgrading helped at my system, but I am still not clear, if the problem
is really fixed. IMO everything is pointing to the kernel, as I installed
almost everything relatet to a prior version: hibernate, eee-pc-scripts, pm-
utils etc. but NOT the kernel itself - and the error still existed!

Most (experienced) people pointed me to the kernel, so I wrote a bugreport.
Seems, it did not arrive, as I did not find it again. At the time I wrote it,
the bugreport server showed unreachable. Also Gerald wrote another bugreport.
i think, the kernel maintainers know about this problem and working on it.

I am looking forward, what happend and think, it will be soon fixed with the
great quality Debian always shows.

Have fun!

Hans