[Debian-eeepc-devel] Should Cheese be able to record video on a Asus 701G?

Glyn Webster glynwebster at orcon.net.nz
Thu Jan 6 01:05:04 UTC 2011

On pressing Record the capture window turns black, shows a single frame
a few seconds later, and then back again. The saved OGV file looks the
same. The sound gets recorded.

I've seen exactly the same problem reported on message boards for
various EEE PC Ubuntu remixes. Some of the replies suggest that the Asus
701's processor is too slow to encode video in real time. Is that true?

(This is the first problem I've had in a long time. Skype worked first
time with me having to muck with anything, which really delighted me.)

--Glyn