[Debian-eeepc-devel] USB data corruption except in single user mode

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Wed May 11 13:58:29 UTC 2011

What does it mean here on sid, when plugging in memory cards works fine
in single user mode, with only
# pstree
init-+-init---bash---emacs-+-aspell
     |                     `-bash---pstree
     `-udevd---2*[udevd]
running, but then in multi user mode, with
# pstree
init-+-acpi_fakekeyd
     |-acpid
     |-atd
     |-bash---xterm---su---bash
     |-cron
     |-2*[dbus-daemon]
     |-dbus-launch
     |-dictd
     |-emacs-+-aspell
     |       `-pstree
     |-exim4
     |-fancontrol---sleep
     |-2*[getty]
     |-nodm---xinit-+-Xorg
     |              `-nodm---bash-+-icewm-session-+-icewm
     |                            |               |-icewmbg
     |                            |               `-icewmtray
     |                            `-ssh-agent
     |-pdnsd---3*[{pdnsd}]
     |-rsyslogd---3*[{rsyslogd}]
     |-scim-helper-man
     |-scim-launcher
     |-scim-panel-gtk---{scim-panel-gtk}
     |-udevd---2*[udevd]
     |-wwwoffled
     `-xterm---bash
running, plugging in many of the same memory cards results in
  device not accepting address
  device descriptor read/64, error -71
etc. etc.
Even data corruption -- gee thanks.

What process is fighting for the USB connection. I use
# Change to zero to disable usbmount
ENABLED=0
so what others might be the culprit?