[Debian-eeepc-devel] Some Issues after Install

Kent Frazier kent at kfrazier.com
Sat Sep 3 00:41:42 UTC 2011

ASUS 1018P Netbook

I'm trying to work through some issues I'm having after install that I
believe will just be some configuration adjustments however being new to
Debian I'm not sure how to best proceed.

Following the install, including the GNOME desktop, I installed
eeepc-acpi-scripts as outlined in the HowTo.  I was trying to see if the
camera would work, and discovered that I do not have the eeepc directory in
/sys/devices/platform/

Also, how do I know if the eeepc_laptop kernel module is loaded?

I haven't started to do anything with the eeepc-acpi-scripts yet.

I'm trying to keep good notes as I'll probable do a reinstall to get the
LXDE desktop or Openbox as a stand alone WM later.