[Debian-eeepc-devel] Help Requested with Hot Keys

Kent Frazier kent at kfrazier.com
Sun Sep 4 22:15:37 UTC 2011

ASUS eeepc 1018P

I am trying to get my hot keys working and I have installed the
eeepc-acpi-scripts package.  Only problem is I can't figure out what I might
need to edit to get the keys working that currently are not. Below is a list
of my keys and if they worked or not after the initial install along with
any changes that happened after installing eeepc-acpi-scripts:

Debian Stable net-install from USB

(Fn+)
F1 (sleep) works
F2 (wifi) does not.    Works after installing eeepc-acpi-scripts
F3 (touchpad on/off) does not
F4 (screen resize) does not
F5 (screen brightness down) does with osd
F6 (screen brightness up) does with osd
F7 (blank screen) does.            No longer working after installing eeepc-
acpi-scripts.
F8 (external monitor) unable to test
F9 (task manager) does not appear to
F10 (volume mute) does not.     Works after installing eeepc-acpi-scripts
F11 (volume down) does not          Works after installing
eeepc-acpi-scripts
F12 (volume up) does not.        Works after installing eeepc-acpi-scripts
Fn+space (SHE) does not

Silver keys do not (she & wifi).  Wifi Works after installing
eeepc-acpi-scripts

I found it interesting that Fn+F7 stopped working after installing the
eeepc-acpi-script.

For me personally, the only thing I really want to work at this point is the
Fn+F3 key as I keep activating the touchpad while I type. I would be nice to
get the others working also. I try to get a wiki entry for this model made
tomorrow.