[Debian-eeepc-devel] Some function keys not working on asus eee 1215T

Cristian Rigamonti cri at linux.it
Tue Sep 20 13:45:45 UTC 2011

Hi, the key combinations Fn+F7 (turn off LCD light) and Fn+F8 (switch
LCD/external) don't work on my 1215T.

By pressing Fn+F7, the kernel logs the message:

  keyboard: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 244

By pressing Fn+F8 / F9 / F10 / F11 / F12 nothing happens.

Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 (adjust LCD brightness) work fine

I googled a bit and it seemed to me that support for 1215T was added to
eeepc_wmi recently, according to:

      http://dev.iksaif.net/issues/157
      http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/105524/

So I'm not sure if this is a problem in eeepc_wmi or if I have to tweak the acpi
or eeepc-acpi-scripts configuration. (I'm especially interested into the LCD
turn off an switch keys)

System info:

- Debian Wheezy (testing)
- kernel 3.0.0-1-686-pae (modules: eeepc_wmi, asus_wmi)
- Same result with or without eeepc-acpi-scripts installed

Any suggestions?

Cri

--
GPG/PGP Key-Id 0x943A5F0E      -    http://www.linux.it/~cri/cri.asc