[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problems with battery charging

Ivan Zavarzin ivan_zavarzin at lavabit.com
Thu Dec 20 19:30:49 UTC 2012

Good everning,

I have the next problem with my Asus EEE PC 1015BX which works under
Debian Wheezy AMD64.
When it is running only on battery power or when it is running from
electrick network with full battery I have no such problem.
But when its battery is charging the kernel send the next strange
messages many, many times:
kernel: [12434.534788] asus_wmi: Unknown key 57 pressed
kernel: [12444.458087] asus_wmi: Unknown key 58 pressed
When I can see those messages sended in my console the pic of
xfce4-power-manager 1.0.11 under X11 (xfce4 v. 4.8.0.3) flashes many
times (changing image from icon "battery is charged" to icon "battery is
discharged" and back).
In this time my mouse under X11 is hanging until the time when those
kernel messages will be stopped. So, it is impossible to work in that time.
What is this and how I can fix it?