[Debian-eeepc-devel] EeePc 1000he - Fancontrol randomly working

Domenico Cufalo cufalo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 11:16:15 UTC 2012

Dear Mantainers,
after the last kernel update (Debian Sid, v. 3.2.20-1) fancontrol works
randomly.

The problem depends on the fact that the hwmon sensor alternates, at every
boot, his path between /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/hwmon/hwmon1
and /sys/devices/platform/eeepc/hwmon/hwmon2.

The only solution would be to reconfigure the fancontrol every time, but it
is clear that this solution is extremely annoying.

Here is my current /etc/fancontrol:
# Configuration file generated by pwmconfig, changes will be lost
INTERVAL=10
DEVPATH=hwmon0= hwmon2=devices/platform/eeepc
DEVNAME=hwmon0=acpitz hwmon2=eeepc
FCTEMPS=hwmon2/pwm1=hwmon0/temp1_input
FCFANS= hwmon2/pwm1=hwmon2/fan1_input
MINTEMP=hwmon2/pwm1=54
MAXTEMP=hwmon2/pwm1=70
MINSTART=hwmon2/pwm1=150
MINSTOP=hwmon2/pwm1=20

This does not work now because, after last boot, the sensor has been
recognized as hwmon1.

I hope I was clear and I apologize for my bad English

Hi and thank you very much,
Domenico