[Debian-eeepc-devel] problem suspend - Asus eeepc 1201n - Debian squeeze - kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64

Marcos Wolff wmarcos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:54:23 UTC 2012

Hi!

I've been having problems suspending my Asus eeepc 1201n ( more detail
http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_​PC/Eee_PC_1201N_Seashell/#​specifications )

With kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64 (standard of squeeze) it suspends once, the
second time suspend and wakes up again immediatly.

I've tried other kernels that the internet suggested (
http://ubuntuforums.org/​showthread.php?t=1569586 )
but none of them seem to work:

2.6.39-02063904-generic -> video fails on wake up
3.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 -> suspend and wakes up immediatly every time.

In the debian wiki ( http://wiki.debian.org/​DebianEeePC/Model/1201N ) says:

"Suspend
There are still problems with suspend. The BIOS version can make quite
a difference in the suspend behavior. Upgrading to the latest BIOS
version (0324) fixes a fan bug that can make the fans stop working
when coming back from suspend, leading to overheating and forced shut
down.
However, it still is apparently not possible to suspend more than once
per power-up. After the first suspend, the machine will try to suspend
but fail and then return to normal state."

Is that the las word about this? Anyone can help? In ubuntu always
worked fine since 10.04 to 11.10 64 and 32 bits.

Thanks !!

PD: I'm new at this list so please let me know if I do anything wrong.