[Debian-eeepc-devel] So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Jul 11 11:03:42 UTC 2013

It is abundantly clear[1] that this project is dead, and nobody is
interested in caring for it anymore. Months ago I put out a call for
help and nobody has helped since then:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/2013-July/004351.html

If anyone still cares about the wiki, please save anything worth saving
under the /DebianOn/Asus hierarchy, per model that you can confirm works
on Wheezy, before I go on a page-deleting rampage. I have only two
models I use anymore, and so can take care of 1001PX and 701 (aka 4G).
If you own any of the other models, now's your chance to help out.

As for the eeepc-acpi-scripts package, unless someone steps up soon to
take care of it, I will orphan it shortly.

Once I'm sure we've taken care of all of our own EOL cleanup, I will
delete the remaining wiki pages and the alioth project, closing this
list for good.

It has been a slice!

Thanks,