[Debian-ezgo-packaging] [GSoC] blends-dev implementation, files needed for debian-ezgo, missing svn tags

Emmanouil Kiagias e.kiagias at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 19:21:51 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

My name is Emmanouil Kiagias and I am working with Andreas Tille on
Redesign metapackage creation for Debian Blends[0] GSoC Project. This
project will replace the current blends-dev package (mainly the
blend-gen-control script).

One new feature of blends-dev provides an automatic changelog entry which
dumps the packages differences between the latest and the previous release
of a Blend into the debian/changelog file (track added/removed packages
between releases). To achieve that we save for each Blend release(taken
from the VCs tags) a json file which contains the package dependencies
(taken from the task files) under a dependency_data/ directory (this
directory should exist into the Blend root directory). Then we compare the
json files for two releases and we dump the differences into the
debian/changelog.

For the moment I committed to every Blend the needed files so when we
replace the current blends-dev package with the new, we can be sure that no
errors will occur due to missing json files.

In debian-ezgo Blend case I tried to create a json file (containing the
package dependencies from the task files)  for the previous release but
none of the debian-ezgo releases is tagged in svn.

Can you reproduce / fake tags in svn for the previous debian-ezgo releases
(especially for the previous 0.8.0ubuntu1 release) so I can generate the
needed json file? This file is needed so the changelogentry make target of
the new blends-dev package won't fail

Here's the relevant discussion with Andreas[1].

Thanks for your time
Kind regards

Emmanouil

Note: I subscribed to the this mail list but I am not confirmed yet, so in
the response to this mail please add me to cc, thanks.

[0]:
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/EmmanouilKiagias
[1]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-blends/2013/09/msg00031.html