Fwd: [Debian-hebrew-common] libhdate uploaded

kobi zamir kobi.zamir at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 23:30:47 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've just installed an ubuntu to a family member :(, because I did not
want to install
a debian stable (old desktop, no OOo2) and did not want to have a
headache explaining why some things do not work with testing/unstable
- is testing usable for newbies ?

more questions:
1. are we basing the install on stable or testing ?, packages in the
disk are stable, repository is set to testing ?
2. needed (hebrew) packages not in testing, do we add out repository ?
3. needed (non-hebrew) packages are not in testing - what to do ?
  a. openoffice2 (hebrew support is much better in this version)
  b. firefox 1.5 (we can't install linux without this app)
4. can we suggest installing debian-hebrew at install-parties ? its
the welcome to linux season.

By, Kobi