[Debian-hebrew-common] state of rendering in firefox

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Mon Dec 12 13:57:53 UTC 2005

Ely Levy wrote:
> Anyone knows the state of
> http://blacksapphire.com/firefox-rtl/
> Is there a chance the patch would be applied to the new firefox 1.5 now in
> experiemental?

I don't see there a patch for 1.5, only 1.0.x and latest CVS. It would
be quite a bit of convincing work to get it applied by Debian. We could
however see about maintaining it in Debian-Hebrew, though it probably
will require quite a bit of work to keep up to date with both this patch
and FF.

> Is there a chance the patch for pango 2.8.2 would be applied?

No. Again, need to convince the respective maintainer.

1.10.1 is in experimental and will probably be moved to unstable in a
while, it includes the fix already. So I don't think there is much
reason for the maintainer to apply this patch.

If you want you can file a bug report on the respective packages
pointing to the patches and ask for their inclusion, as a Debian user it
is something you can discuss directly with the package maintainer, no
need for the Debian-Hebrew project to do it. It would be nice if Hebrew
related issues were also CCed to debian-hebrew so we'll know about them
though.

Baruch