[Debian-hebrew-common] Re: Debian-Hebrew RC1

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Wed Jul 27 11:22:53 UTC 2005

kobi zamir wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>I'm pleased to announce the release of the
>>Debian-Hebrew install CD.
>

> I will download it :-) now.
>
> Can you put the development files (e.g.
> preseed/packages/conf/downloads) in svn or just in a
> temp file in the project's home dir ?

Done. You can find it in /cdd/trunk

> I want to play with it too ;) and I want to see if we
> can put some devel packages (svn, gcc, g++,
> gnome-devel, motif ...) on disk #1 in addition to the
> base desktop (kde+gnome) and hebrew packages.

I'm not sure we really want a full development suite with all possible
things. I prefer to focus on the desktop for now.

A more advanced user who wants to do development can connect to the
internet and download everything with synaptic, we can make it easier
and create a meta-package to install development libraries.

The disk is already about 500MB and I didn't put KDE on it, I'm pretty
sure I'm missing many other tools as well.

Baruch