[Debian-hebrew-common] user-he summary

Baruch Even baruch at debian.org
Wed Nov 1 11:06:09 CET 2006

* Shachar Shemesh <shachar at debian.org> [061101 11:46]:
> Hi all,
>
> Trying to get to actual action items, the consensus I'm getting is this:
>
>     * Leave only locales and culmus as depends
>     * Demote almost everything else to recommends
>     * Don't touch things currently in recommends or suggests
>     * Further developments (GUI, special installation program, voice
>       recognition etc.) - no consensus yet.
>
> Is that correct?

I'd rather have the GUI program together with the dependency changes.
The whole point of the exercise of user-he was to make Hebrew
installation simple. The only instruction the user needs in the current
way is: apt-get install user-he && sudo hebrew-settings

I'd like to keep the simplicity, will it be sufficient to say aptitude
instead of apt-get so the user will get all the Recommends?

If yes, than go ahead and do the changes. If not then we should adapt
hebrew-settings first.

Cheers,
Baruch