[Debian-hebrew-common] user-he summary

Lior Kaplan kaplan at debian.org
Fri Nov 3 13:35:33 CET 2006

Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Lior Kaplan wrote:
>> Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Trying to get to actual action items, the consensus I'm getting is this:
>>>
>>>     * Leave only locales and culmus as depends
>>>     * Demote almost everything else to recommends
>>>     * Don't touch things currently in recommends or suggests
>>>     * Further developments (GUI, special installation program, voice
>>>       recognition etc.) - no consensus yet.
>>>
>>> Is that correct?
>>>
>> If this the the current depends:
>> aspell-he, bidiv, culmus, firefox-locale-he, hdate-applet, hspell,
>> hspell-gui, kde-i18n-he, kkbswitch, koffice-i18n-he, mlterm, myspell-he,
>> openoffice.org-l10n-he, ttf-freefont
>>
>> I think aspell-he, bidiv, culmus, hspell, myspell-he and ttf-freefont
>> should stay in dpends.
>>
> I agree to aspell-he, bidiv, culmus and hspell.
> ttf-freefont is, I think, a marginal, as it is not Hebrew specific. I
> think it's good enough in "Recommends", but I'll hold on to what Baruch
> says.
>
> myspell-he cannot be in recommends so long as it is "extra". It is not
> in the SVN, though we are listed as the maintainers.

As I mentioned in a previous thread[1], myspell-he is optional according
to the policy. FTP-masters still didn't fix the overrides.

[1]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-hebrew-common/2006-October/000224.html
--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan at debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0