[Debian-hebrew-common] OT? Submitting packages as non-DD

Lior Kaplan kaplan at debian.org
Sat Jan 27 10:26:19 CET 2007

Amos Shapira wrote:
> On 25/01/07, *Shachar Shemesh* <shachar at debian.org
> <mailto:shachar at debian.org>> wrote:
>
>     Amos Shapira wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > I created a small patch to fix apt-file's inability to read multiple
>     > files under /etc/apt/sources.list.d, and I also see an ancient
>     > documentation bug which haven't been fixed for over 200 days. Is
>     there
>     > a procedure for me to offer a fixed package which will get approved
>     > and uploaded as NMU by a DD?
>     First thing's first. Make sure there is a bug open, and submit the patch
>     as part of the bug report. Make sure that the bug has a tag "patch".
>

> The bug is http://bugs.debian.org/353275, it was opened Feb 16th 2006
> (i.e. a year ago) and haven't been touched by the maintainer since. I
> uploaded a patch to this bug but am not sure if I updated the "Patch"
> tag correctly (I just sent an empty "Tag: patch" message to that bug's
> address).

To add tags you need to send mail to another address. Instructions here:
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control

> The other documentation bug is http://bugs.debian.org/376828 which was
> opened 6 months ago.
>
>     If the maintainer doesn't pick it up, either mention on debian-devel
>     that you have a patch that requires sponsorship, or prepare an entire
>     NMU and ask a DD you know or on debian-mentors for a sponsor to
>     upload it.

I would send that small patch as well, and tag it as patch.

> I'll try to do the later.
>
> Thanks for everyone who answered my query.

While looking on that package, it seems that it's in a terrible state.

My best offer to is prepare an overall NMU (I'll be glad to help), and
post it in the BTS. After two weeks without response - we'll upload the NMU.

Please also look at other bugs on the BTS, and look at the patches from
Ubuntu: http://patches.ubuntu.com/a/apt-file/apt-file_2.0.8.2ubuntu1.patch

Thanks.

--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan at debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0