[Debian-hebrew-common] hunspell-{ar,he} in Fedora

Dan Kenigsberg danken at cs.technion.ac.il
Mon Jul 9 05:40:34 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 08:51:17PM +0300, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> >Hi Lior,
> >
> >I recalled that you where interested in Hebrew and Arabic dictionaries.
> >I don't know what the situation in Debian, but we (Caolan McNamara and
> >myself)
> >managed to create working hunspell-he and hunspell-ar packages for Fedora.
> >
> >Caolan had to apply few patches to hunspell in order to make it work.
>
> Are they incorporated upstream (do you know a version)?

Not exactly, but it seems that hunspell-1.2 would have similar corrections. I
did not have time to check it properly, though. See
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=756395&aid=1633413&group_id=143754
for what I know about it.

> If not, where can I get them from?

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/source/SRPMS/hunspell-1.1.7-1.fc8.src.rpm
and
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/source/SRPMS/hunspell-ar-0.20060208-1.fc8.src.rpm
(and for Hebrew, hunspell-he is generated directly from hspell:)
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/source/SRPMS/hspell-1.0-7.fc8.src.rpm

Good luck!
--
Dan Kenigsberg        http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken        ICQ 162180901