[Debian-hebrew-package] Packages update

kobi zamir kobi.zamir at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 22:34:22 UTC 2005

This is stange:

2002-03-16 Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at bamdad.org>
 * Applied the FriBidiEnv patch from Omer Zak dated 2002-02-24,
updated it with to reflect the new changes.
* NOTE: These changes alter the interface, so are not recommended for
any use before they are released.

Version 0.10.3 was released a month after this !
But Debian's fribidi 0.10.5 Does not have this patch !?
-----------------------------------

Omer Zak's patch chage the API of function fribidi_log2vis, it simply gives
it more information.
The function is not deprecated, it is still the main function to use, but it
has a new API (this will change in fribid2).

Debian use fribidi 0.10.5 but does NOT use Omer Zak's patch !?, this is the
reason for
the use of old API on debian/ubuntu. But this is the fribidi we have on
debian, there is no good way around this problem because fribidi_log2vis
_is_ the function to use here, but when we update the fribidi in debian we
will have to update pyfribidi to use the new API.

By Kobi.